About Our School
St. Timothy's School is an Episcopal preparatory school committed to educational excellence and the emotional, physical, and spiritual growth of children in an environment where traditional Christian values are emphasized.
In 1958, the vestry of St. Timothy’s Episcopal Church founded St. Timothy’s School at the request of its rector, Father George B.S. Hale. Sixteen children enrolled in the first kindergarten class, taught by Mrs. Carolyn Hale. The school added new grades and students each year, surpassing 400 students in elementary and middle school grades within its first decade.
Throughout our history, St. Timothy’s School has been committed to three principles established by Father Hale in the formative years: strong preparatory academics, a close-knit community where each child is known, and an Episcopal foundation. Maintaining these traditions, while embracing innovation, has allowed St. Timothy’s School to remain a vibrant choice for parents in the Raleigh area for over half of a century.
- Small class sizes
- A separate Early Education Building for pre-kindergarten and kindergarten
- Teacher assistants in pre-kindergarten through second grade
- Over 50% of the faculty have advanced degrees
- State-of-the-art technology with 4 science labs, 3 technology labs, a wireless campus, and interactive classroom technology
- Chromebooks for all middle schoolers (fifth through eighth grade)
- After school care program available for all students
- Weekly Chapel services for K-8th grades
- Character education and emphasis on service
- Award-winning fine and performing arts program, including chorus, drama, band, and visual arts
- 16 competitive middle school sports teams in the Capital Area Middle School Conference (CAMSC) available for sixth through eighth graders
- School supplies and field trips are included in tuition
- Full-time registered nurse on campus
- Founded in 1958
- First non-public day school to be accredited by the state of North Carolina and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
Accreditations and Memberships
- North Carolina Association of Independent Schools (NCAIS)
- Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS)
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS/CASI)