St. Timothy's Approach to Distance Learning During the COVID-19 Pandemic
In March of 2020, St. Timothy's School made the unprecedented move to close campus and transition to distance learning due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Thanks to forward-thinking by our Board of Trustees and school administration, as well as a commitment to planning and flexibility by our teachers, we pivoted to distance learning within days of the announced change. Since distance learning commenced at St. Timothy's, we have ensured academic excellence and sustained our school values of community, service, and faith.
Read more about LEARNING...
- Continuous learning of new content and assessment of key skills essential for the next grade level
- Differentiated instruction to meet students where they are and challenge them to grow
- Daily schedules of lessons and activities, including live, pre-recorded and independent activities in reading, writing, and math
- Live, small-group opportunities for learning and social connections with peers
- Weekly one-on-one teacher-student meetings
- Regular schedule of co-curricular classes (Spanish, Music, Art, Science Lab, and PE)
- Continuous learning of new content and key skills essential for the next grade level
- Weekly schedule with average of three live class sessions each day, addressing comprehensive curriculum in science, math, literature, grammar/writer's workshop, history, and Latin or Spanish
- Live, small-group opportunities for learning
- Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) small-group discussions and independent reflective work
- Daily check-ins with homeroom teacher and classmates
- Weekly office hours with teachers to help and support students and parents as needed
- Weekly live fine art classes and asynchronous PE activities
View this post on Instagram
Read more about COMMUNITY...
Whether you bike, walk or run, keep logging your miles as part of our Titan Walking Challenge! The other weekend, three STS families saw each other getting in their miles on the same trail. pic.twitter.com/1EhoxQM7s9— St. Timothy's School (@StTimsRaleigh) April 29, 2020
Read more about SERVICE...
Thank you to all the STS families who participated with the St. Timothy's team in support of the @NoteinthePocket Virtual 5K Rundie! STS was the largest team registered! #NITPVirtualRundie #StTimsFamily pic.twitter.com/tGj0tm89xA— St. Timothy's School (@StTimsRaleigh) April 28, 2020
Read more about FAITH...