About Our School
The St. Timothy’s School tradition of ensuring every student is known and loved lives on throughout our campus every day. Our close-knit community is dedicated to fostering purposeful futures; we offer a small, nurturing environment where students learn, grow, and serve alongside each other. Maintaining these traditions, while embracing innovation, has allowed St. Timothy’s School to remain a vibrant choice for parents in the Raleigh area for over half of a century.
Founded in 1958 by the vestry of St. Timothy’s Church at the request of Father George B.S. Hale, St. Timothy's is an Episcopal preparatory school established in pursuit of educating students through the everyday moments. Our first class enrolled 16 kindergarten students taught by Mrs. Carolyn Hale. Now, with the support of many dedicated teachers, families, and community members, our school serves as a safe place for educational, emotional, physical, spiritual growth for over 500 students from pre-kindergarten to eighth grade.
- Low student to teacher ratio
- Over 50% of the faculty have advanced degrees
- A separate building for pre-kindergarten and kindergarten
- Teacher assistants in pre-kindergarten through second grade
- State-of-the-art technology with gigabit speed wireless campus and interactive classroom technology including Google Jamboards or SMART technology panels in every classroom
- Google Chromebooks deployed in grades 5-8 for a true 1:1 student-to-device environment; Chromebook carts for grades 3-4; iPad carts for pre-K-2nd
- After school care program available for all students
- Weekly Chapel services for pre-kindergarten through eighth grades
- Award-winning arts program, including chorus, drama, band, and visual arts
- 18 competitive middle school sports teams in the Capital Area Middle School Conference (CAMSC) available for sixth through eighth-graders
- Full-time registered nurse on campus
Accreditations and Memberships
- North Carolina Association of Independent Schools (NCAIS)
- Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS)
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS/CASI)
2019-2025 Strategic Plan
The St. Timothy’s School Board of Trustees and school leaders develop a comprehensive strategic planning process every 4-6 years to ensure our school remains true to our mission and foundations while staying mindful of the future and identifying opportunities for improvement, growth, and innovation. The 2019-2025 Strategic Plan is both an ambitious and achievable plan for the school’s next 4-6 years and is informed by all in our community.
Campus Master Plan
The St. Timothy's School Master Plan envisions our campus with over 55,000 square feet of new/renovated buildings and three acres of new/redesigned outdoor space, constructed in at least three distinct phases. In spring of 2021, the first part of Phase 1 was completed, expanding the campus by one-third of its size. Read more about our Master Plan...