Did you know that reading books at home can significantly increase literacy rates? Help children in Wake County build their home libraries by donating gently used books to WAKE Up and Read.
During the week of February 7 - 11, St. Timothy’s is partnering with WAKE Up and Read to help collect books for children ages 0-12. Donate books that:
- are geared towards babies through fifth graders
- kids will love to curl up with
- kids will be proud to own and keep
- peak a child’s interest
- cover current topics and issues
- reflect a diverse population
These books will be shared with children in Wake County to ensure that every child in our community has the opportunity to develop a love for reading.
Books can be dropped off in a collection bin outside the front office. Students can also bring books in and drop them off in the bins in the hallway.