Lower School Sports
The Titan Athletic Program has recently added two fee-based after-school activities for Lower School students. In the fall, we offer a Running Club for children in second through fifth grades. In the spring, children in second through fifth grades can participate in Intramural Basketball.
Running Club - Fall Only (Second through Fifth Grade)
Registration: Opens August 1 at 7 a.m.
The Titan Running Club (TRC) has been wildly popular with our students in second through fifth grades. The second/third grade club meets on Monday and Wednesday, and the fourth/fifth grade club meets on Tuesday and Thursday. TRC stays on the STS campus for 1 hr after dismissal. Each day the students go through a warm-up routine, run laps on a course around the main building, work on running technique and strength, then play running games in the courtyard.Titan Running Club 2017 Schedule
- 2nd/3rd Graders - Monday/Wednesday, dismissal - 4:00 p.m., Cost: $100
- 4th/5th Graders - Tuesday/Thursday, dismissal - 4:15 p.m., Cost: $100
- Running Club will begin Tuesday, Sept. 5 and end on Thursday, November 2
- Registration will open August 1st
- All athletes will need an STS Athletic Participation turned into Mike McConoughey before participating.
Intramural Basketball - Spring Only (Second - Fifth Grade)
The Intramural Basketball Program began in 2015 and has been very successful. This spring-only activity has one 8-week session where 2nd/3rd grade students meet on Monday and Wednesday and 4th/5th grade students meet on Tuesday and Thursday in the STS gym. Participants learn and practice skills, improve fundamentals, and compete in games against one another - a nice blend of work and FUN!
Spring 2018 Intramural Basketball Schedule
- 2nd/3rd Graders - Monday/Wednesday, dismissal - 4:30 p.m., Cost: $125
- 4th/5th Graders - Tuesday/Thursday, dismissal - 4:30 p.m., Cost: $125
- Registration & Dates Coming Soon!